Lately I have been feeling unsatisfied with my full-time office drone lifestyle. Don’t get me wrong – – I love my clients, my company and the unique challenges I face on a daily basis but it just isn’t enough. I need a part time job that does not allow me to slowly die in front of a computer for the rest of my life. Some ideas I have come up with:
- Corporate lunch packer – Creating healthy and delicious box lunches that fellow office drones will look forward to eating all day long.
- Virtual Kindle Library – Loaning out all of my favorite books virtually (unfortunately this is now a real service but keep in mind that I was the original keeper of this idea)
- Food Truck Purveyor – Even though this would probably end up being a full time gig and I would be stuck in a small space by myself for hours at a time I still secretly hope to own one. I even have the coolest truck name idea ever!
- Professional Thrifter – Basically a treasure hunter, as a professional thrifter I would shop estate sales, abandoned storage units, and garage sales all day long.
- Furniture Refurbisher – Turning drab into fab – – one day at a time! This idea was inspired by the blog Better After.
- Recruiter – If I worked for a company that offered cash incentives to refer new employees I would totally utilize my social network to a) work with my friends and b) earn some money honey!
- Waitress – The world’s most thankless job but the last time I did it I lost 20 lbs! It’s like getting paid to lose weight.
- Pho Shop Owner – I totally have a concept and plan but the only thing standing in my way is my inability to make pho.
If you could have a side job what would you do?