According the Mayan calandar this past New Years may have been the last one ever celebrated. Rob and I decided to keep things low key and low cost so we could save our money for canned goods and hunting gear once the apocalypse comes. We had a few of our closest friends and family come over to Studio 504 for a vintage themed (some people took the theme more seriously than others) all night dance party.
In 2011, I am happy to say that I was able to accomplish the following:
- Change my biological clock to start waking up early thus getting to work early for the first time ever in my adult lifetime
- Started a new job
- Weaned myself off my office blanket (a huge feat for those who know me)
- Got my first paid writing gig and started writing for DC Socialite
- Got quoted in The Washington Post
- Became a Nintendo brand ambassador (as of last week! YAY!)
- Got engaged to the sweetest, nicest, most handsome man ever
My New Years Resolutions are to:
- Make friends with my gym
- Find an Arlington/Falls Church church family
- Save money like I have never saved before
- Learn how to be a patient and loving wife
Thanks to all of my friends who have been with me for the past year and I look forward to the great, funny, happy memories to come!