I have struggled to write this post for the past week because it is very painful to write. But last week I had to put my dog Lewy done because he had advanced cardiac disease. Lewy was an energetic puppy and was loved by my entire family (even my dad – - which is a feat!). In honor of his life, here are a few facts/memories about Lewy Nacho Justin Timberlake Van (can you tell i was a major teeny bopper when I got him?).
- Lewy is originally spelled Louis. When Kevin and Kristopher were learning how to spell they sounded out his name phonetically and came up with L-E-W-Y.
- Lewy could bounce on snow like a bunny rabbit.
- Lewy could stand up on his hind legs for minutes at a time.
- Lewy had a bazillion toys but he only liked one — a stuffed turtle from Target.
- Lewy is deathly afraid of running water and the sewer.
- Lewy ran two miles every night with my dad after dinner until the end of his life.
- Lewy was the ultimate lap dog. He loved to lay his head on your lap and sit for hours.
- Lewy is obsessed with my old co-worker Dan’s front yard.
- Lewy hated Kevin and Kristopher until two years ago. But he LOVES Kassie.
- One of Kassie’s first words was “Lewy”.
- Lewy never begged for food or ate cable wires or shoes.
- Ever since we got Lewy, our vacuuming underneath the kitchen table has been cut in half
- I don’t know if dogs smile but Lewy definitely did
Lewy, the whole family was so lucky to have you a part of our life. There will never be another puppy like you and you have helped us in so many more ways than one.