A few observations/comments on my second week of healthy living:
- Cooking and seasoning vegetables is 100x less time consuming that cooking with meat
- When you cook with vegetables you don’t have to worry about cross contaminating knives, plates, and cutting boards (less dishes to wash!!)
- All veggies taste better with a hint of lemon
- I now know the joys of being “regular” — if you know what I’m saying
- I don’t feel as sluggish around 3pm as I usually do
- Whole Foods is FREAKING EXPENSIVE. I bought a small (the size of a small Asian female hand) package of gluten free crackers for $4. They were pretty amazing but $4??!! Do quinoa and brown rice grow on money trees?
- I am still having trouble socializing and staying true to my new lifestyle. It’s really hard to be a professional food blogger on a diet.
- But I am thinking it all might be worth it because I am saving the most exciting news of all for last — My jeans, work pants, and sailboat skirt now fit comfortably around my waist again!